Monday, June 09, 2008

I couldn't help it


I was going too wait before I started these, it is not as if I need them - today was a hot day in the UK, a very hot day, a palatable sweat broke out and even May was too lethargic too walk in the midday sun - does that prove she is not a Mad Dog?

But my yellow socks were beckoning too me, or the very idea of them - in my vision I can see them up to my knees (that would be my freckly knees) so I wound up a skein, pulled out the pattern and cast on sock no.1 this very evening. What absolute gorgeousness is the yarn from the amazing skeinqueen, I am not on commission but would like too point out that this is almost eatable for its touch - except hairiness in the mouth would not be nice. (Not that the yarn is hairy, it is just wool in the mouth sensation - yuck)

Just wait until you see me in all my yellow glory, it must be something that happened to me in my childhood?

























Spiral Boot Sock pattern by Veronik Avery

2 comments:

Skein Queen said...

God, you look like your mum!

I don't mean to be rude about your very lovely dress, but I had a duvet cover in the same pattern! And a yellow room :)

alabama whirly said...

my poor mum!

That is very rude, my lovely dress, thank you ; )