Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Surpises in the post, new ideas and better things

Today is my mum's birthday so a special day and we woke her up this morning just to sing happy birthday to her via Skype before the children went to school. She opened her presents, 3 skeins of caran d'ache I commissioned from the amazing skeinqueen, a heart shaped box and cards from us all. It was a big box so to protect it on it's journey I'd packed in stash wool that I was giving to her anyway but I think that confused my dad. He'd opened the parcel yesterday to check and thought that he had inadvertently opened *the present*, not realising the spare yarn was packing for safety round the heart hand carved box.

Then I too got a surprise in the post - a present for me:



Two skeins of *golden teal* in Elegance - I love teal, I love yellow so this is perfect for me. Skeinqueen gave me these as a thank you for helping her at Unravel - my word, what a treat anyway without being sent yarn.



The smaller parcel contained this, Kelpie in a new yarn base, Squash. I will be knitting this up as a sample for Skeinqueen for her next show - I'm thinking of making the Ishbel beret. I love that word, Kelpie.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn! Happy Birthday to your Mum and love the fingerless mitts in your profile pic. Really cute blog :)

Skein Queen said...

Thank you again for all your help at Unravel. Glad you like it. Happy belated birthday to your mum. Kelpie is a Brownie six - I was in the Sprites and Lily's in the Imps. I can feel new yarn names coming on...